Located one mile southwest of Smithland, this area highlights some of the Loess Hills’ open grassland and timbered areas. Two ponds located in the park are stocked with bluegill, channel catfish and largemouth bass. Electric motors may be used in the ponds.
Trails of the area take the visitor through a variety of habitats. A self-guided nature trail brochure is available at the trail head. Numerous bluebird boxes have been erected in the area and visitors may catch a glimpse of the brilliant, blue birds.
Park facilities are open May 1 through October 31.
- 2 one-bedroom cabins (fee charged)
- 19 electrical (20/30/50 amp) campsites (fee charged)
- 12 tent or non-electrical campsites (fee charged)
- 3D archery range (April 15 to October 15)
- native grass demonstration plots
- hunting (October 15 to May 15) Restrictions: no centerfire rifles and no trapping
- Snowmobiling is not allowed.
Activities & Amenities
Iowa Fishing Permit
Iowa Hunting License
|Electric & Water Sites||$25/night|
Campground operates on a first-come, first-served basis only. No reservations accepted.