Located 2 miles southwest of Correctionville, Iowa on Hwy 31, this 609-acre area provides a wide variety of recreational opportunities for the public. The 10-acre lake has angling opportunities for large-mouth bass, bluegill and channel catfish. Only electric trolling motors, oars and paddles are allowed on all county-owned lakes. There is a designated swimming beach area. Hiking trails offer opportunities to explore the marsh, native trees, shrub plantings, native prairies and food plots.
Two campgrounds, Bellamy and Riverside, offer 95 sites with electricity, water, modern restrooms and showers. Playground equipment is located near the campground. Four camping cabins are available for rental as well. Approximately 50 non-electrical campsites are located on the west side of the lake with access to modern restrooms and showers.
The Union Bridge Trail connects the park to the town of Correctionville with a ten-foot-wide concrete path that winds through scenic areas and crossing the Little Sioux River with a spectacular bridge.
Park facilities (cabins) are open and pressurized water systems are available May 1 through October 31.
- M.L. “Stub” Gray Shooting Range (fee charged)
- 4 one-room camping cabins (fee charged)
- 95 electrical campsites (fee charged)
- 53 electrical campsites with water hookups (fee charged)
- 46 tent or non-electric sites (fee charged)
- Heritage Shelter – enclosed shelter house (fee charged)
- beach area (Memorial Day to Labor Day – No lifeguards)
- one-room historical schoolhouse
Activities & Amenities
Iowa Fishing Permit
Iowa Hunting License
Shooting Range Permit
|Electic & Water Sites (Riverside)||$25/night|
|Electric Sites (Bellamy)||$23/night|
Campground operates on a first-come, first-served basis only. No reservations accepted.