Dorothy Pecaut Nature Center
Step Into the Loess Hills
Hike a trail and let prairie grasses tickle your chin. Explore bur oak forests with 150-year old giants. Climb the ridges and imagine what Lewis and Clark might have seen. We invite you to visit this unique outdoor educational facility.
Admission to the Dorothy Pecaut Nature Center is FREE!!
- 14,000 sq. feet of classroom, exhibit and office space
- Loess Hills natural history exhibits
- Interactive prairie, wetland & woodland exhibits
- Live native reptile and fish exhibits
- Bird viewing area
- Outdoor amphitheater
- Butterfly and wildflower gardens
- A professional staff providing a variety of programs
- Located within Sioux City in scenic Stone State Park
- Meeting rooms available for rent
- Several miles of trails leading to forest and prairie viewpoints
- Facility is open six days a week, year-round
Activities & Amenities
Conservation Board headquarters is located in this facility.
Tuesday–Saturday—9:00 AM–4:00 PM
Closed New Years Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve & Christmas Day