3399 330th St.
Smithland, IA 51056
Resource Manager on-site
Located one mile southwest of Smithland, this area highlights some of the Loess Hills’ open grassland and timbered areas. Two ponds located in the park are stocked with bluegill, channel catfish and largemouth bass. Electric motors may be used in the ponds.
Trails of the area take the visitor through a variety of habitats. A self-guided nature trail brochure is available at the trail head. Numerous bluebird boxes have been erected in the area and visitors may catch a glimpse of the brilliant, blue birds.
Park facilities are open May 1 through October 31.
On-site facilities include:
- 2 one-bedroom cabins (fee charged)
- 19 electrical campsites (fee charged)
- 12 tent or non-electrical campsites (fee charged)
- shower house with flush toilets and hot water
- dump station
- picnic areas
- fishing dock
- hiking trails
- equestrian trails and horse trailer parking lot
- native grass demonstration plots
- hunting (October 15 to May 15)
Restrictions: no centerfire rifles and no trapping
- winter activities: hunting, ice fishing, cross country skiing, hiking trails available. Snowmobiling is not allowed.