Snyder Bend Park
2924 Snyder Bend Rd
Salix, IA 51052
Resource Manager on-site
This 35-acre area is located 3 miles west of Salix, Iowa. Snyder Bend Lake is an oxbow of the Missouri River, formed in the early 1960’s when the river was channelized.
The lake has been stocked with walleye fingerlings in the past, a cooperative project with the River City Anglers of Siouxland. Other popular game fish include largemouth bass, northern pike, bluegill, crappie, catfish and perch.
A wildlife refuge has been established at Snyder Bend and no disturbance or human traffic is allowed on the refuge for several months in the fall. Please observe refuge dates as posted. Park facilities are open and pressurized water systems are available May 1 through October 31.
On-site facilities include:
- 4 two-bedroom family cabins (fee charged)
- 28 electrical campsites (fee charged)
- 12 tent or non-electrical campsites (fee charged)
- Dump station
- Wireless internet
- Shower house with flush toilets and hot water
- Open picnic shelter
- Recreational play areas
- Playground equipment
- Handicap fishing access
- Accessible concrete and limestone trail
- Picnic sites
- Boat ramp and parking area
- Year-round fishing
- Wildlife viewing observation deck