Little Sioux Park
1746 O’Brien Avenue
Correctionville, IA 51016
**The Stub Gray Handgun/Pistol Range will be closed on Saturday, October 28, (9 AM – 4 PM)
for Boy Scout Jamboree. We apologize for any inconvenience.**
Located 2 miles southwest of Correctionville, Iowa on Hwy 31, this 609-acre area provides a wide variety of recreational opportunities for the public. The 10-acre lake has angling opportunities for large-mouth bass, bluegill and channel catfish. Only electric trolling motors, oars and paddles are allowed on all county-owned lakes. There is a designated swimming beach area. Hiking trails offer opportunities to explore the marsh, native trees, shrub plantings, native prairies and food plots.
Two campgrounds, Bellamy and Riverside, offer 95 sites with electricity, water, modern restrooms and showers. Playground equipment is located near the campground. Four camping cabins are available for rental as well. Approximately 50 non-electrical campsites are located on the west side of the lake with access to modern restrooms and showers.
The Union Bridge Trail connects the park to the town of Correctionville with a ten-foot-wide concrete path that winds through scenic areas and crossing the Little Sioux River with a spectacular bridge.
Park facilities (cabins) are open and pressurized water systems are available May 1 through October 31.
On-site facilities include:
- M.L. “Stub” Gray Shooting Range (fee charged)
- 4 one-room camping cabins (fee charged)
- 95 electrical campsites (fee charged)
- 53 electrical campsites with water hookups
- 46 tent or non-electric sites (fee charged)
- three modern shower houses with flush toilets and hot water
- modern restroom facilities
- dump station
- Heritage Shelter – enclosed shelter house (fee charged)
- open picnic shelters
- picnic areas
- beach area (Memorial Day to Labor Day – No lifeguards)
- one-room historical schoolhouse
- reconstructed prairie area
- boat ramp (river access)
- 1.75 mile multi-use concrete trail
- playground equipment
- open sports area