Dorothy Pecaut Nature Center
4500 Sioux River Road
Sioux City, IA 51109-1657
Email address – dsnyder@WoodburyCountyIowa.gov
Admission to the Dorothy Pecaut Nature Center is FREE!!
Tuesday-Saturday 9:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. (Open until 7:00 p.m. on Thursdays in June & July!)
Sunday 1:00 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Mondays – CLOSED
Also closed on New Years Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve & Christmas Day
Conservation Board headquarters is located in this facility.
Step into the Loess Hills…
Hike a trail and let prairie grasses tickle your chin. Explore bur oak forests with 150-year old giants.
Climb the ridges and imagine what Lewis and Clark might have seen.
We invite you to visit this unique outdoor educational facility.
Special Features Include:
- 14,000 sq. feet of classroom, exhibit and office space
- Loess Hills natural history exhibits
- Interactive prairie, wetland & woodland exhibits
- Live native reptile and fish exhibits
- Bird viewing area
- Outdoor amphitheater
- Butterfly and wildflower gardens
- A professional staff providing a variety of programs
- Located within Sioux City in scenic Stone State Park
- Meeting rooms available for rent
- Several miles of trails leading to forest and prairie viewpoints
- Facility is open six days a week, year-round