Shelters are currently closed. Cabins are now available for rental with the following changes:
– Check-out time will be 11:00 a.m. and check-in time will be 5:00 p.m.
– All kitchenware (e.g., dishes, pots and pan, and utensils) has been removed; renters will need to bring their own from home.
– Cabins at Little Sioux Park WILL NOT have access to showers. A restroom and small kitchen sink are available in the cabin.
(Snyder Bend and Southwood cabins have full bath facilities.)
– Restroom & shower facilities, playgrounds, enclosed shelters and beaches remain closed.
Woodbury County has three types of cabin experiences. You can find a rustic one-room cabin at Little Sioux Park, a one-bedroom family cabin at Southwood Conservation Area or a two-bedroom family cottage with nearly any amenity you could imagine at Snyder Bend Park!
All cabin fees for the entire stay are non-refundable and must be paid when reservations are made.
(Visa, MasterCard and Discover are accepted as payment.)
Minimum two-night stay required on weekends.
Minimum three-night stay required on Holiday weekends.
Woodbury County also has two enclosed shelters which are available for rental:
– Heritage Shelter in Little Sioux Park near Correctionville, Iowa
– Dale G. Bell Memorial Shelter in Bigelow Park-Brown’s Lake near Salix, Iowa.
Shelters may be reserved for a half day or a full day. All rental fees are non-refundable and must be paid at the time the reservation is made.