Woodbury County Conservation Board Director Dan Heissel announced today that Woodbury County Conservation Board CABINS WILL OPEN on Friday, May 29 for reservations and public use. Restrooms and shower facilities, enclosed shelters, playgrounds, offices and Nature Center will remain closed. Campgrounds are open to self-contained units at 50% capacity.
Cabins are located Little Sioux Park near Correctionville; Snyder Bend Park near Salix and Southwood Conservation Area near Smithland.
Cabin rentals will include these changes:
- Check-out time will be 11:00 a.m.
- Check-in time will be 5:00 p.m.
- For cabin rentals, all kitchenware such as dishes, pots and pans, and utensils has been removed; renters will need to bring their own from home.
- Cabins at Little Sioux Park WILL NOT have access to showers. A restroom and small kitchen sink are available in the cabin.
- Snyder Bend and Southwood Cabins have full bath facilities
Park visitors are reminded to avoid gatherings of groups larger than 10. Park staff will continue to remind and educate visitors to practice physical distancing while enjoying the park.
Cabin reservations can be made online at http://woodburyparks.org/cabins/. Program and facility updates will be made available via our website http://woodburyparks.org/ and Dorothy Pecaut Facebook page. For more information or office appointments please contact the Woodbury County Conservation Board at 712-258-0838.